Invited to get Apple Card
Posted on: August 12, 2019 - In: Apple Everything Observations
If you don’t know much about Apple Card there are lots of friendly people here to give advice about credit scores, APR and the general interface isn’t the Wallet app. Also www.apple.com/AppleCard.
What we know as of the morning 8/12.
Invites went out to a select few 8/5 – 8/8 via email, although some were able to apply by going to the Wallet App and pressing the “+” without an invite, or by following this link. Full release later this month.
What we do know:
- The card is very sexy.
- iOS 12.4 or 13 required.
- Limits have varied from $250-$40,000.
- APR is 12.99% – 23.99%
- You have 30 days to accept their card offer.
- Please look into rejecting the Apple Card arbitration process.
- There have been ID verification issues (maybe regarding vertical IDs)
- Authorized users are coming in the future.
- The card changes colors in the Wallet App based on your purchase types.
- You receive Daily Cash when the purchase is no longer Pending.
- The US only.
- You will have a hard inquiry.
- Soft inquiry if you are denied.
- Requires Two-Factor Authentication (settings, iCloud, Password & Security)
- iPhone Upgrade program does earn 3% cashback.
- You do get MasterCard benefits.
- That there are other cards that may better suit an individual, many of us could help point you in the right direction if Apple Card may not be your best fit.
- Almost an ecosystem lock.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleCard and my personal application procedures.
[…] took off the paint from AppleCard – you can see CNC markings on the titanium beneath the magnetic […]
[…] you might know earlier this year Apple launched Apple Card. On a preview post Invited to get Apple Card, I got some comments that I am such a ‘fanboy’. Today while reading something I saw […]
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it.